Jess Dallow is a literary agent with Brower Literary.
She is seeking: contemporary thrillers and mysteries in YA. In Adult, she is looking for small town romance, rom-coms, domestic suspense, and book club fiction. She would love to see diverse characters and #ownvoices within these genres.
Having grown up with the same name as her favorite Sweet Valley High twin, Jess has always had a love for books, especially those that feature child psychopaths, platonic friendships between men and women, a romance that makes her heart beat faster, and serial killers. She has a BFA in Writing for Film and Television from the University of the Arts and worked in entertainment for eight years before returning to her home state of NY where she worked at a literary agency for two years before joining Brower Literary & Management.
FIVE FUN FACTS ABOUT JESS:
- All Time Favorite Book: Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult; The Lover’s Dictionary by David Levithan
- Current Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid; Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage
- Favorite Movies: Scream 1-4; The Proposal; Pretty Woman; Working Girl
- Favorite TV Shows: “Law and Order: SVU”; “Grey’s Anatomy”; “Schitt’s Creek”; “Friends”
- Random Fact: I grew up wanting to write soap operas and interned on “The Young and the Restless” when I was 20.